• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Subbed or Dubbed Anime?

Paige

Subs or Dubs?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Subbed
    • Dubbed
    • Both (You might need a therapist)

AdSense Advertisement

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 6:08 PM, Uncrowned Guard said:

I would like dubbed more, but overall dubbed voice acting is generally just not as good and I end up on subbed all the time.

Dubbing is getting better!!!  But I would agree that subbed is a higher quality.  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I picked Both lol because it just depends on the show. Some the English translation is horrible so I go with being dubbed. But then that can be a pain too when I hear the English words but the subtitles are off. I prefer reading my TV shows as I find I have missed so much trying to listen. I just do better with seeing the words.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 7:54 AM, ZandraJoi said:

I picked Both lol because it just depends on the show. Some the English translation is horrible so I go with being dubbed. But then that can be a pain too when I hear the English words but the subtitles are off. I prefer reading my TV shows as I find I have missed so much trying to listen. I just do better with seeing the words.

It is actually funny on how much you pick up by actually reading what they are saying.

On 7/13/2022 at 7:43 PM, Kyng said:

I usually watch subbed, unless I've heard in advance that the dub is particularly good.

I agree with this, although it is pretty rare that a good dubbed anime drops.  Hopefully this will be changing with Netflix and such getting involved, but you never know.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel people are overly harsh on the English dub because they know the language unlike Japanese. It gets suspicious when every Japanese cast is always credited for basically perfect casting and acting, yet when an English dub exists, people can write an essay on everything wrong with it. What also adds to the suspicion is that dubs in other foreign languages are also given high praise from English speakers.

Another double standard is when an English dub actor gets typecasted too much, they’re a no talent hack, but I’d a Japanese actor is typecasted too much, it’s because they’re just that good at their job.

• 3 months later...

I also would have my anime in both subbed and dubbed. I love having the option of variety because it makes it easier to flow along with the anime. If the dub is good, that's perfect, if not, having it subbed will make it up. 

• 4 months later...
  • AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.