• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Do you have a music room?

ZandraJoi

AdSense Advertisement

On 9/24/2022 at 9:49 AM, ZandraJoi said:

A room or even a space dedicated to your playing & storing your equipment? Even one for listening? I’m curious what people have. If you don’t have a room, what works for you? Do you tend to have to pack up your equipment often?

We were going to make a room as the wife loves to play some instruments, but it has not gotten far.  Prices on building materials and some other needs have outweighed it.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

As much as I would love to have a dedicated room for instruments where not only myself but my children go go and play and also practice, it is not something that is possible in my house with all rooms being used for a purpose. 

My auntie who worked as a music teacher most of her life and now plays in bands and does live gigs and pubs and events has a music room where she practices and keeps her instruments. 

• 1 month later...

Our dining room has never been a dining room to use. It used to be the room where the guinea pigs lived in when my daughter lived here with us. But now it's the beer fridge room and the music room. I have 2 music stands and I have my flute and penny whistle there with a LOT of sheet music!! I have a stand for my flute to sit on, but I only use it when I'm actually playing, and I keep the flute inside its case so it doesn't tarnish. 

The room doesn't really have the very best acoustics, and that area is probably the front entryway since we have a cathedral ceiling there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'd like to build a soundproof room for drums or even just get a soundproof drum cage, but it's way too expensive.   In fact, a cheaper alternative is just a electronic set.  Anyway, though, even disregarding sound, a room for drums is a must for a musician and I had one at my old place, but it wasn't soundproof.