• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Windows 11 Is Coming!

On June 24th Microsoft is going to be hosting an event to "Join us to see what's next for Windows" and it is highly suspected that a new version on Windows (Windows 11) will be revealed during this event.  This is backed up even more by the fact that many Windows 10 products now have an End of Life listed on Microsoft's website. However, I do have to note that all of these products listed seem to be enterprise level products or specialized Windows 10 products, and the standard Windows 10 Home, Pro, Server, Workstation, etc. are not listed at this time.

Lately a few YouTube channels like Linus Tech Tips, Austin Evans, and even Windows Central (not an official Windows Channel) has posted videos of Windows 11 running in a leaked version.  This is following numerous teases by Microsoft that Windows 11 is coming soon.  So, it appears safe to assume that Windows 11 is a real product and that in upcoming Windows event will be its reveal.

What are you thoughts on this?

Personally, I don't like the "mobile/tablet" UI changes over the older desktop focused UI, but I can truly understand why these are needed as Windows needs o get into the mobile product space if we want to keep enjoying the OS for years to come.  I am actually quite hopeful that Windows 11 will fix the minor touch interface and small screen issues of Window 10 and that we will see a bigger tablet-like device push from Microsoft while still having that highly capable and power user friendly desktop.

The leaked versions seems otherwise very close to Windows 10 and can even run Windows 10 apps and software just fine, even games.  So it seems compatibility will not be an issue.

Granted, we have no idea where the leaked product is in the development stage or any sort of planned road map for Windows 11, but it does seem to be going well in my view. 

• 4 months later...

AdSense Advertisement

I've recently upgraded my desktop PC to Windows 11, and don't mind the changes to the UI as much as I thought.. It's actually pretty sleek.

It feels like they've taken away some of the bloat that recent Windows iterations have introduced, and have simplified things.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered my new laptop, it will have W11. So I guess I will see how it goes. Overall, I don't mind anything about W11 now that the full detail are out. The "mobile-first" design as I would call it is needed in 2021 for Windows to stay on top. I worry about the more in-depth settings and features of Windows that keeps it on top, but only time will tell and I can't help to feel that their users is far too invested into 3rd party apps to even try a more closed ecosystem like Apple (who also seem to have noticed the need to open things up a bit).

Overall, I prefer W10's UI but I support the UI move going into W11. I also support the device limitation (hopefully) as Window's biggest issue is just how versatile it is and they have to do so much extra patchwork due to ABC's PC running a AMD K6 with a 3090 and ranting on how the Xbox app does load right. Plus cyber security is probably the biggest concern we should have nowadays and companies are awful at doing options security moves, so if the secure boot and all that IS better, then I'm for it.

• 1 year later...

We’re not ones who upgrade just to upgrade. I finally am getting used to Windows 10. I’m not interested in 11 yet. We’ll upgrade when we have to. They always have so many issues at the beginning. I rather they fix the bugs as that’s less stress on me lol

For those who have 11, what do you think of it?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard of too many people upgrading to 11 so maybe it's just not worth it yet? I know companies are struggling to make their coding work if they image their systems for the users and so they're sticking with Win 10 for now. 

I won't be switching just yet because I have no idea if my graphics program will work with it. I'm happy with how everything works on my laptop right now.

I've had it since day 1, I haven't ran into any issues yet. I prefer it to Windows 10.

I also remember "everyone" on the internet hated Windows 10, but it's the typical cycle of hate then "I refuse to ditch it" whenever a new Windows OS comes out.

• 2 months later...

I would love to upgrade my PC to Windows 11 but the hardware is old now and it will not run Windows 11 at all. 

My son got himself a new PC last year in September and he has Windows 11 installed on it so I have used it and I do like it and I am a little gutted I can not have it on my own PC but hoping when I can to upgrade my PC and be able to use Windows 11. 

• 2 months later...

It's a normal thing with Microsoft, so we are already used to it. Sooner or later, we are getting Windows 13/14/15 and it's going to keep going on like that till the end of time 😂

I always updated my own once another version is out. There's no need holding out on it because I will still end up doing it. 

Edited by Heatman