• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

The new Hooters uniform debate

Paige

What do you think of the new shorts?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are they inappropriate?

• Yes, they are inappropriate
    • No, they are appropriate
    • They should just wear them and commit Hooters to a full adult theme
    • Undecided/Other

So there seems to be a social media explosion based on the new Hooters uniform that the females have to wear.  The shorts have basically turned into panties and that is causing a stir within many on the employees and groups of people. 

I must say that the uniform does seem to be a bit much even for a place known for being full of women who use their good looks and such to sell food and drinks.  I can't really say the move is smart given todays world of trying not to objectify women or that the Hooters chain seems to push away from being an "adult" restaurant.  

For those wondering what I am even talking about, here is a random article about it: https://www.newsweek.com/hooters-girls-shorts-uniform-change-1640882

And here is an example of that they now have to wear: 

Hooters-new-uniforms.jpg

Edited by Paige

• 2 weeks later...

AdSense Advertisement

It does seem to be a bit much (or I suppose not enough? 😅) even for Hooters.  I would imagine someone pulled this to try and get more ppl into the buildings with COVID going on and all that, but doesn't seem to in touch with the workers or the cultural changes of today.  I'm not going too far down the rabbit here as it is a restaurant that runs by hiring attractive woman and putting them in skimpy clothes, but a low cut tee shirt and shorts is a bit better than underwear for a uniform in a place that I do not believe has an age restriction.

• 1 year later...

I mean, the entire 'breastaurant' concept does make me cringe. But I'm not bothered all that much by their existence... if you don't like them, just do what I do, and avoid going to them 😛

Edited by Kyng
Wrong 'their'

We don't have hooters in the UK that I know of or at least not in my area or in areas surrounding where I live but I do hear a lot about Hooters from those I know from the US. 

It is my understanding that children do use Hooters as it is a restaurant and seeing these uniforms that they are wearing does scream to me inappropriate. I could understand if they were wearing say leggings or even shorts that were less revealing but this is very much too much I feel for somewhere like Hooters and would be more suited for an adults-only restaurant. 

On 8/16/2023 at 1:45 PM, Kyng said:

I mean, the entire 'breastaurant' concept does make me cringe. But I'm not bothered all that much by their existence... if you don't like them, just do what I do, and avoid going to them 😛

That's how I view things as well. If I don't like something, I just don't go, see, read it. I'm just amazed at how much times have changed. Back in the 50's, people dressed up to GO to the restaurant. Now, you see anything & everything!

20 hours ago, Shortie said:

We don't have hooters in the UK that I know of or at least not in my area or in areas surrounding where I live but I do hear a lot about Hooters from those I know from the US. 

It is my understanding that children do use Hooters as it is a restaurant and seeing these uniforms that they are wearing does scream to me inappropriate. I could understand if they were wearing say leggings or even shorts that were less revealing but this is very much too much I feel for somewhere like Hooters and would be more suited for an adults-only restaurant. 

Since I live in America, I feel strongly for our freedom & rights. However, people need common sense & in this case, common decency. If they want a restaurant like this, then don't allow kids inside. They can still have their restaurant, just it's more appropriate for the age group.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 1:52 PM, ZandraJoi said:

That's how I view things as well. If I don't like something, I just don't go, see, read it. I'm just amazed at how much times have changed. Back in the 50's, people dressed up to GO to the restaurant. Now, you see anything & everything!

I have to admit, I don't often dress up to go a restaurant (only if it's a particularly fancy place). But I do try to look presentable, at least!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 11:08 AM, Shortie said:

There’s one in Nottingham, tho I think it’s the only one.

I think if Hooters wants to bring in more customers, they should better the quality of their food. It’s like a meh Applebees

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grungie said:

I think if Hooters wants to bring in more customers, they should better the quality of their food. It’s like a meh Applebees

I was not aware of that, that is good to know 🙂 seems like it's similar to how places such as Taco Bell were in the beginning with just one or two in the country until they expanded.

22 hours ago, Grungie said:

This is a solid point.  I only ever went to a Hooters once and I heard their wings were amazing, but what I got was fried wings with sauce basically drizzled over them.  Were they bad?  No.  But they were not as good as basically any small local place I have ever been to.  Ever since then, I have wondered if the whole "best wings" thing was just guys saying that as a reason to go or if I just had a bad experience.

On 8/24/2023 at 4:13 AM, Grungie said:

There's one in Liverpool too, although they certainly aren't common here! 

• 1 month later...

Do you feel like minors should be allowed to visit breastaurants?  Why or why not?  Is it corrupting and how much?   Myself, I've never been to one of these places.

Anyway, based on what I saw, the place is totally adult and so minors shouldn't visit.

Edited by Jason

On 10/26/2023 at 10:05 PM, Jason said:

Do you feel like minors should be allowed to visit breastaurants?  Why or why not?  Is it corrupting and how much?   Myself, I've never been to one of these places.

Anyway, based on what I saw, the place is totally adult and so minors shouldn't visit.

Kids would see worse at the beach but it's to be expected. However parents can choose which restaurants to frequent & not go to those which are adult-themed. Just like I don't care to see kids at bars.

On 10/26/2023 at 10:05 PM, Jason said:

No reason why they CAN'T be there, but I never like the view of kids in places like this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 1:56 PM, ZandraJoi said:

Has this changed at all? I chose Yes, it's inappropriate. While people wear less at the beach, there's a time & a place. This is not just an adult restaurant, kids are there as well. They don't need to wear such skimpy outfits.

You have my full support for your assessment of this kind of work dress. It's definitely too much in my opinion. It's not even about just kids being in the restaurant, such dress looks too provocative for some men. A restaurant work should wear something decent and appropriate not an outfit that looks like what a stripper would wear or a beach outfit. 

• Thanks 1