• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

17'' Laptop or 15'' Laptop

Nova

I recently purchased Asus 17'' TUF FX705DT. Which is pretty good laptop for me considering I wanted bigger screen and also gaming only laptop for myself. I think on that note I'd consider 17 inch as my goto computer because I prefer the laptop which are better for the gaming and also for the graphics work. 

If money were to be not the problem for shopping, which one would you choose?

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

AdSense Advertisement

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My old laptop is a 17" HP Pavilion.. I do love the bigger screen, but you certainly notice the extra size and weight when carrying it around.

I don't use it so much any more because it's a 4th Gen i5, and I've since bought a new desktop PC - but if I were to replace it I think I'd most likely downsize to a 15", honestly.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, StormyFire said:

I prefer larger screens, but 17" laptops can be quite a bit more expensive. I have a 15.6" laptop.

This is completely true!  And once you get into more budget friendly laptops, non-gaming, etc. the 17" options disappear.

I do see 16" screens popping up a lot anymore, and I wonder how they will affect things.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Uncrowned Guard said:

My next work laptop will likely be a 14" device.  Although my main goal is to have LTE onboard and that is proving to be a challenge for options.

Have you tried looking into those USB dongles that do that?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have always used 15 inches laptop, I have worked on someone else's 17 inches laptop momentarily and I really liked the bigger size screen. Therefore, when I am ready to buy a new laptop I will get a 17-inch laptop. Since I don't travel much with a laptop bigger size laptop will not be cumbersome for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Having a 17" laptop would be amazing if it wasn't something I was carrying around a lot. When I have a laptop I like to be able to carry it around and use it in different places so a 17" would be too big for me. I would much rather have a 15" that I could carry around easily enough. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 7:58 PM, Shortie said:

Having a 17" laptop would be amazing if it wasn't something I was carrying around a lot. When I have a laptop I like to be able to carry it around and use it in different places so a 17" would be too big for me. I would much rather have a 15" that I could carry around easily enough. 

Yeah, I tend to think that if a laptop gets so big that it becomes difficult to carry around, then at that point you might as well just get a desktop 😛 . 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm currently in the market for a new PC. I normally go with 17.3" or 18" gaming laptops to use as a desktop replacement but I think i'm gonna see if there's anything new in the desktop world and do some re-arranging to try to get a proper desktop setup. If that doesn't work out though I will be looking at MSI and Alienware's 18" gaming laptop line this year for my PC.

I don't like going smaller because of airflow and such. Since they are usually my daily driver and it's used pretty much all day every day to do various things as well as some pretty heavy gaming sessions. I feel the larger the chasis, the better the airflow for cooling. I would always prefer and recommend a desktop if you have the space but If not, 17" or 18" if it's not going ot be moved around is probably the best bang for your buck and the way to go IMHO.