• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Sony's Funimation Now Owns Crunchyroll

Uncrowned Guard

crunchyroll_logo.thumb.png.52d4e0ff3f1ff8d444365d5552fad3f1.pngSony owned Funimation has acquired Crunchyroll for nearly $1.2 billion and has essentially taken ownership of the anime streaming service.  After weeks of rumors and speculation AT&T and WarnerMedia agreed to sell the service to Funimation.  Sony is not new to the anime world with multiple partnerships and establishing companies such as Aniplex back in 2005.  

The bigger question looms on the future of these services as competition is started to build in services like Netflix, but these "newcomers" have a very long way to go in the market.  Sony has already stated that some new series will have times exclusivity on their platforms but for me this not a huge bummer as most anime is exclusive to one of those two services anyway.  

There are many good perks to this acquisition as Sony has done the Aniplex service a lot of good and has used it to spread anime creation all over the globe.  Sony also a great team of studios to enhance Crunchyroll Original anime with resources that the platform likely saw as unobtainable before.  We could always bring up the fear that such a monopoly on anime could bring down the amount of shows and budgets as a whole, but Sony has not been a company to do this in a past and the gaming side of their company has certainly not hurt the industry and seems to be doing well overall for exclusives.

AdSense Advertisement

Crunchyroll is extremely expensive for me. I mean 9.95$ per month for animes? I am paying 2.95 for the mobile phone plan of the Netflix and Prime amazon is already free for upto 3 device so I don't see I would be ever getting the crunchyroll sub for myself. And now considering sony is into this that means they will make it super cheap if they add it with any other sub they own. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 1:32 PM, Nova said:

Crunchyroll is extremely expensive for me. I mean 9.95$ per month for animes? I am paying 2.95 for the mobile phone plan of the Netflix and Prime amazon is already free for upto 3 device so I don't see I would be ever getting the crunchyroll sub for myself. And now considering sony is into this that means they will make it super cheap if they add it with any other sub they own. 

Oh my, I remember when Crunchyroll was like 5.99 a month.

Archived