• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

2 Factor Authentication

Nova

When it comes to the secure authentication a lot of banks and the websites that deal with the finances make use of the 2 factor authentication. And a lot of sites are getting into that sort of the norm lately. I have noticed even the facebook page owners are being asked for the 2 factor authentication. 

Have you used 2 factor authentication?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

AdSense Advertisement

There's only one forum I'm in that requires it which I'm Staff on. It took me awhile to get used to it. I tried Authy but after spending hours trying to get it to work, I gave up. I love the idea for 2FA but for someone like me who is not into tech, it just goes over my head.

Here's a question: Is it worth the added layer of security?

• Like 1

I use Authy for a lot.  It is a pain to setup, but the cross platform use is amazing.  As for being worth it, I'd say so for anything that has sensitive information.  Passwords get out far too often as companies just can't seem to learn to store them as plain text and bots/AI to crack passwords are getting better all the time. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Anything that's my account which is online have Two Factor Authentication active on it. My best way for using 2FA is getting a text message code in my chosen phone number. It's more convenient for me using that option. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I use 2FA, or Two Factor Authentication with Google Auth on websites that are financial related or mean a lot to me. I don’t use them all of websites and forums, but sites that have a lot of personal information on, I will add an extra layer of security. Make sure to backup your auth codes!

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2023 at 11:14 AM, Bizdustry said:

I use 2FA, or Two Factor Authentication with Google Auth on websites that are financial related or mean a lot to me. I don’t use them all of websites and forums, but sites that have a lot of personal information on, I will add an extra layer of security. Make sure to backup your auth codes!

It was recently that I started using Google authenticator app for generating code for my 2FA. I normally make use of my email to receive the code but after setting my account on Crypto.com, I was forced to start using Google authenticator because that's the only place the app allowed for you to get code to approve your cryptocurrency transaction. 

• 2 weeks later...

A strong password might be good enough for an admin, but I use 2-factor nonetheless.  Well, what might be pros and cons?  A pro is preventing a situation where a stranger might get in the admin area on a public computer, for instance.